The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to foster the culture of innovation among institutions of higher education in India. Across the institutions, MIC established Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) to promote a spirit of entrepreneurship among the elite institutions in the country.
Among other institutions of prominence among the country, Asian Business School (ABS) has joined the elite class of country’s institutions to have established its own IIC under the Ministry of HRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC).
The IIC at ABS is focused towards the following objectives:
* Foster start-up supporting mechanism in conjunction with the MIC
* Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework
* Act as a connecting link between the ABS institution and the Ministry of HRD for entrepreneurship related activities and discussions
In order to ensure the maximum benefit for the students’ community at the ABS campus, the IIC aims at the following key functions as part of its responsibilities:
* To conduct entrepreneurship and innovation related events organized by the MIC, in the ABS campus
* To organize workshops/seminars with entrepreneurs and create a mentor pool for student innovators
* Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations
* To highlight innovation projects conducted by faculty and students at the MIC innovation portal for recognition
* Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries